Monday 26 May 2008

Revision

For the first time in my life, I want to revise.

Yet deep down I know I tell myself revision is pointless, It truly is I don't really learn anything by it and haven't learnt anything over the past 2 years I could have taken these exams 2years ago and still got the same results so it really has been a complete waste of my time. Now I'm not even sure I want to go to university, well I do want to go to university just not to do engineering, maybe In two months time I will definitely want to do engineering but I'm just not sure that's where I see myself in ten years time or even five, right now I want to experience the world before I settle down, I want to know what is in the world, what there is to do and what I enjoy, I have tried a lot in my life but realistically I haven't even reached one percent of what is really out there. I know I will never be able to see everything I won't live long enough, I just want enlightenment really, that will make me happy.

Its a shame the British schooling system is so bad and is very outdated since when would you in real life be set an essay to write in a set time limit in real life? I just think they should be applied to more realistic subjects and even layouts of exams should be changed, social skills are not taught nor is common sense two of the most important things needed in life. Also the British system does not give you very broad knowledge of the outside world you are just pushed into a box, well I don't like being forced into a box so I hope university is different.

SOMEONE SAVE ME!

1 comments:

Fritzy said...

I pretty much totally agree.

The same even goes for more practical subjects - such as graphics. You wouldn't make the models yourself... you'd go and get another company to make them. So being graded on how good you are at making something yourself is a bit retarded when all you wanna do really is the more creative and analytical aspects of the subject.

Photography and art. You have to research other artists - why? Even essays on them. Seriously, art should be allowing you to develope your own style and adventure in the world.

I wont even go onto how the goverment organises payments regarding to education either...

But yep, it really is like you're just put on a manufacturing line as soon as you're shoved into schooling.

This may be a biased comparison, but I like Japanese schools. Sure they are really strict but they have big school festivals where you make up your own stand or decorate a room for a show etc. etc. and then on one day the school attendees can visit and on another they can open it to the public and so forth. It just seems so much more fun! Especially their trips and stuff - but then again that is more dependant on the landscaping of their country.