Wednesday 28 May 2008

Paint relates to life?

My sister asked me what she should use to draw her picture with pens, pencils, paint or crayons. Simply I replied why not use all of them? As long as it looks good what does it matter what its drawn from?

Then it dawned on me. This is like life what does it matter what you do with it as long as you enjoy it? If we say a pen is an police officer, a crayon a vet, a pencil a engineer and paint a designer as long as they all form a nice picture or a nice life why don't you do all four? Of course you can't be a police officer and a vet at the same time there isn't enough time in the day, but for me a writer, designer, engineer and salesman. I could combine all four and more sure I would have to do it on my own most likely but why not? I know if I really want to do something I can do it, I will draw up a long term business plan over the next few days, It will take hard grit and determination to get where I want to be, I know where that is. One day I want to be looking at houses to develop, the next sat in a garage designing an engine then the following two days sat in a design studio working with a team and then to finish the week off I will be writing for my latest screenplay. Then spending the weekend working at a radio show. There is no real reason why I cannot do this.

Everyone is a piece of art made from all different pieces of medium, Its just a matter of
working out what your art is made from and piecing it together.

2 comments:

Fritzy said...

Wow, you're amazing.

I like the concept, but sometimes it can be far more complicated.

I barely know what I want to do in the future, and it's not even something I really would want to do. Half the stuff I would like to do I cant (if I can, not to the standard I'd wish :/).

The future is, in a way, a tad too broad for me, yet also narrow :/

*stops waffling*

FairyFluff said...

Deep and arty :D I likes it! Maybe it'll turn into a taught theory :D
xxx